Benefits of becoming certified
Certifying your energy management system to the ISO 50001 standard may benefit your organisation in many ways. A certified management system confirms that you are working structured and strategically to reduce the organisation’s environmental footprint, and that you are committed to further improvement of environmental management.
Certification to the standard can contribute to:
- Improvement of energy performance, including energy efficiency, use and energy consumption.
- Reducing environmental impact, including greenhouse gas emissions without affecting operations and simultaneously increasing profitability.
- Continual improvement of the energy management systems.
- Ensuring measurement, documentation, reporting and benchmarking of energy consumption.
- Credible market communication about energy performance efforts.
LOWERING ENERGY COSTS WITH ISO 50001
Implementing a comprehensive Energy Management System helps you monitor, manage, predict and reduce energy use. Based on self-assessments, you can create an energy policy and management system that can lead to reduced energy consumption and increased savings.
Encourages a more effective use of your resources, in turn reducing amount of claims, returns, reprocesses and rejections – potentially lower levels of regulatory reporting.
Reduced operating costs
Significant financial savings can be achieved through increased energy efficiency.
Reduced Carbon Footprint
Make the health and property of staff, customers and suppliers more of a priority and people will respond.
Understand how statutory and regulatory requirements impact your organization and its customers.