Secure employees’ safety and reduce workplace OH&S risks
Personal safety and process safety work hand-in-hand to ensure responsible development of natural gas and oil – providing the essential products that make modern life possible while keeping our workers and nearby communities safe.
Safety is and will always be the Industry’s primary focus, and the workers who serve on the frontlines of operations play an essential role in ensuring safe work practices and preventing workplace incidents. Each worker at a worksite has a duty to work in a safe manner and must make safety a part of each and every task.
continuous efforts to improve the compatibility of operations with the environment
Companies in Oil, Gas and Petrochemical industry recognize their responsibility to work with the public, the government, and others to develop and to use natural resources in an environmentally sound manner while protecting the health and safety of our employees and the public.
To meet these responsibilities, members pledge to manage their businesses according to the following principles, using sound science to prioritize risks and to implement cost-effective management practices:
- To recognize and to respond to community concerns about our raw materials, products and operations.
- To operate our plants and facilities and handle our raw materials and products in a manner that protects the environment and the safety and health of our employees and the public.
- To make safety, health and environmental considerations a priority in our planning and our development of new products and processes.
- To advise promptly appropriate officials, employees, customers and the public of information on significant industry-related safety, health and environmental hazards, and to recommend protective measures.
- To counsel customers, transporters and others in the safe use, transportation and disposal of our raw materials, products and waste materials.
- To economically develop and produce natural resources and to conserve those resources by using energy efficiently.
- To extend knowledge by conducting or supporting research on the safety, health and environmental effectiveness of our raw material, products, processes and waste materials.
- To commit to reduce overall emission and waste generation.
- To work with others to resolve problems created by handling and disposal of hazardous substances from our operations.
- To participate with government and others in creating responsible laws, regulations and standards to safeguard the community, workplace and environment.
- To promote these principles and practices by sharing experiences and offering assistance to others who produce, handle, use, transport or dispose of similar raw materials petroleum products and wastes.