GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF FOOD HYGIENE – CXC 1-1969 Rev. 4 (2003)
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Certification
Improve your capability to consistently meet customer expectations and legal requirements for food safety of products and services.
HACCP is a scientific-based system focused on ensuring the production of safe food by any organization within the food chain.
Demonstrate Attention to Food Safety With HACCP Certification
HACCP is the internationally recognized risk-based system for managing food safety throughout the food supply chain—from food production and preparation processes, to packaging and distribution. The system is designed to prevent, eliminate or reduce significant hazards to an acceptable level.
HACCP certification enables your business to:
- Reduce the risk of producing unsafe products
- Increase confidence in your products, which translates to greater credibility with global customers/partners
- Provide a complete overview of the interaction of the food safety systems used on-site
- Contribute to HACCP review and verification activities to ensure documentation is aligned with site procedures
- Meet U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Department of Agriculture (USDA) requirements for juice, seafood, meat and poultry
What is HACCP ?
Applicable to all types of company involved in food production, HACCP is a risk management methodology specifically designed for the food sector by the Codex Alimentarius Commission, jointly established by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the World Health Organization (WHO). It is a prerequisite under most food safety standards for organizations to develop procedures based on the principles of HACCP.
Benefits of becoming certified
Certification of your Food Safety Management System (FSMS) as being in line with HACCP principles demonstrates your commitment to consistency, continual improvement and customer safety and satisfaction. These are tangible business benefits that play an important part in building resilience and sustainable business performance.
The HACCP methodology is a structured, preventive approach to food safety that optimizes efforts to provide the consumer with safe food. It is mandatory in several countries, including the US, UAE and within the EU.
Certification of your safety system to HACCP requirements provides an effective means of communicating with stakeholders and other interested parties. It is an important element in demonstrating food safety commitments under corporate governance, corporate responsibility, and financial reporting requirements.
HACCP system certification enables your organization to:
- Communicate confidence to the customers, demonstrating that the food is produced by means of safe processes
- Prove that it has taken all reasonable precautions to guarantee the production of safe food
- Allow customers to demand that suppliers are assessed and certified, if they operate in a country with a strong food safety legislative framework
- Reduce the number of audits carried out by customers and, consequently, save management time spent and related costs
- Reduce product waste and product recall
- Improve relations with food safety authorities
- Improve efficiency
PROTECTING YOUR BUSINESS CONTINUITY
ISO 22301 helps organizations plan for and recover from business disruptions. By establishing procedures and controls through ISO 22301 implementation and certification, companies can mitigate time and money lost in the event of an operational delay.
Certification to ISO 22301reassures stakeholders, investors, clients and employees of your company’s preparedness. By certifying to ISO 22301, which includes personnel training, internal audits and management reviews, your company can demonstrate resilience to both internal and external parties.
Global recognition as a reputable supplier
Certification is recognized internationally and accepted throughout industry supply chains, setting industry benchmarks for sourcing suppliers.
Win more business
Procurement specifications often require certification as a condition to supply, so certification and verification opens doors
Avoid downtime and financial losses with effective management of risk, emergency preparedness and contingency planning.
Understand how statutory and regulatory requirements impact your organization and its customers.